First of all, it is important for you to know that the "GB CARREFOUR SHAPE" store is now managed under a franchised status .
In other words, the Bartolas family is an independent family who has chosen to collaborate with a commercial group, Carrefour Belgium Group, in order to make its stores more dynamic and innovative.
Bartolas family is owner of two stores:
One in LEVAL-TRAHEGNIES (HAINAUT province, at about 30 km from SHAPE) which was created in November 1991 by Jacques Bartolas; another one in COUVIN (NAMUR province, at about 90 km from SHAPE) which was taken over since June 2006 by Ulrïch, Jacques Bartolas' son.
Since July 1, 2011, BARTOLAS FAMILY took in hand the management of a third store. The GB-carrefour store situated on SHAPE military base in MONS (CASTEAU).
Our store in SHAPE is a 3,600 m² commercial area where the customer can find a quality service of fresh products (meat, poultry, fruits and vegetables, cheese, fish, bakery, pastry) and a wide range in grocery, frozen food and nonfood products.
The specificity of the store lies in the fact that, being a store located on NATO military base, we try to respond to the expectations and needs of all the nationalities represented on the base. Therefore, a large range of foreign products imported from all over the world is available in the store.
Furthermore, we also try to meet as best as we can the daily needs of The SHAPE population in terms of non-food products (DIY, gardening, toys, cars and bicycles accessories, textiles, jewelry, watches and decoration).
As independent storekeepers, we try to be listening to our customers and our colaborators.
Our goal is to provide our stores with a human and appropriated customer service.
Even if today we own 3 stores, we still are a human-sized company with a simple hierarchical structure in order to remain in contact with the daily reality of our collaborators and the daily needs of our customers.
That is why we invite you to inform us about comments, complaints, suggestions that could improve our service.
Apart from all the services a traditional supermarket can offer to its customers, we would like to draw your attention on to the following points:
- Butchery: a team of four people, two butchers and two assistants, welcome you every day at the counter and / or at the self-service corner. We let you choose according to your preferences.
Every morning, we receive our fresh meats and we prepare it in our workshop. Preparations (chopped, sausage, etc..) is also performed in the store by our team and several times a day.
We invite you to contact the desk for further information or if you would like to make a special order.
- Fish: a small range of fresh fish is available in the store. However, you have at your disposal a list of fresh and frozen fish available under a 48h in advance request.
- Catering: we decided to collaborate with the services of an Italian restaurant-caterer who agreed to prepare a variety of Italian home-made pasta which are available at the butcher's and will be delivered several times a week.
- Fruits & Vegetables: we receive a truck of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis.
- Bakery: We get our fresh bread every morning. Our baguettes and croissants are baked several times a day by our team.
The bakery opens at 7.30am every day and it is directly accessible without going to the store.
- Post office: a postal service is available at the store front desk.
- Cheese store - Groceries - Beverages: we import products directly from the origin countries on a weekly basis.
Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m..
As much as possible, we try to hire employees who speak English and / or other foreign languages.
Even if some of them only speak French the majority speak 3 or 4 foreign languages.
If need be, please contact the reception desk to get help in English.
Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m..
Sunday from 8:30 to 12:30 a.m.
The bakery opens at 7:30 am every day.
The shop is open on all holidays from 8:30 to 12:30 a.m (except 25/12 and 01/01).